Sunday, March 9, 2014

Leaf Gods and Waterfalls

Its been lovely the last few days here in Lincoln so I've been going outside to read and do homework. Charlie meows until I put her on the leash and bring her out with me. She did really good yesterday until the dogs across the alleyway barked.

Ewww. Those annoying creatures. 

Today I did the same thing, put her on a leash and we went out on the patio.

I'll start telling the story now. You'll tell it wrong. Those creatures aren't outside right now so I am the supreme ruler of the town. And the wind gods are allowing the leaf gods to play and of course I had to catch a leaf. I watch them through the sliding doors and they torment me through the hard clear substance Whitney calls "glass". One of those lovely leaf creatures blew across the patio and down the steps so I had to follow it. But that stinky leash was ensnaring me. I quickly used my ninja skills and got out of the constraints. I then found the mother-load of leaves and rolled in my success. At this time Whitney realized that I was off of the leash and came hunting. By this time I had wriggled into the dirt. Whitney "simba'd" me and took me to the shower where she tried to use a washcloth to get the dirt off, but I resisted. I needed to be able to trick the leaf gods next time into accepting me as one of their own. Whitney didn't find that to be a good enough excuse to become an brown cat instead of a calico. She then locked me into the hard-walled shower and turned the waterfall on. I was NOT pleased. But then she used a big fluffy towel to dry me off and get my fur all clean. She must've felt bad because I got dinner early tonight and I got treats too!I guess being a mess might ruin my reputation as Queen, so I'm coming to terms with my shower experience. 

I felt really bad turning the shower on Charlie but she wasn't letting me clean her at all and since she has all of her claws I didn't feel like tempting fate for very long. She handled the shower process fairly well. I didn't turn it on full blast and it wasn't hot water so it's no different than if she'd gotten caught in a rainshower. I don't think she hates me too much tight now, but we'll see if she goes crazy tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment